Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Happy 50th Wedding Anniversary Grandma and Grandpa Atkinson!


What wonderful examples grandparents are, they are the only people who really know how to make any day a better day. My grandparents just celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary and I felt so honored that Taylor and I could be there to celebrate with them and the rest of our family. We started off by having an amazing dinner cooked by the wonderful women in my life: my mother, my aunt Shalae, Lori, Amy and Allison.
After the amazing dinner we all came around and watched a slide show made by my aunt Shalae and uncle Dan, it had so many pictures of my grandparents growing up and everybody in our family, it really brought back so many amazing memories that you hope you really never forget. A lot of the pictures they put on made me think to myself, "Wow I have the most amazing family in the entire world." And it's true I really don't know what I would do without my family.
After we got done with the slide show it was time for grandma and grandpa to open their presents! The children of my grandparents got them and their spouses tickets to a Utah Jazz game!!! Also a gift card to the Cheese Cake Factory. All of the grand kids pitched in money for them to use as spending money on their weekend adventure.
What a fun, memorable day that was. It makes me excited for the day Taylor and I will share our 50th anniversary together.......haha I know that's a long ways away, but I know that everyday spent with him is a little piece of heaven and I can't wait for the many more adventures to come our way. Happy 50th Wedding Anniversary Grandma and Grandpa!!! We love you both so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment