Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

My Sassy Little Girl

I'm sure you are looking at this and are wondering sassy little girl? What are you talking about? Well my baby girl is not here yet but I know she's already got a sassy little attitude that is making me nervous. Two weeks ago I woke up to a little bleeding so I called my mom to see if she knew what could be going on. She told me to grab Taylor and head up to the hospital because she thought I could possibly be in labor. I kept thinking to myself, "No way can I be in labor right now I'm only 33 weeks and I'm feeling no contractions." I really thought when we went into the hospital they would send me home, but we went in anyway just to make sure everything was okay with my baby. As we drive up to the doors Taylor just tells me to walk in and at least get checked in and he would go and park the car and be in as soon as he could. Well I walk in and had no idea where to go but this little Hispanic lady comes up to me and says, "You go to labor now? You need me to show you direction?" All I could do to keep myself from laughing was just shake my head yes, so she takes me to where I needed to go. I felt bad leaving Taylor but I knew he'd be able to find his way on his own. They checked me in and the nurse starts hooking me up to a monitor and starts asking me tons and tons of questions, and as I'm answering the questions she tells me that I am having contractions that are two to three minutes apart. WHAT! How could I be having contractions when I'm feeling 0 pain? I guess me and the world will never know. Basically I was going into premature labor and at 33 weeks that's okay but not the best thing in the world. If she came that early she would be in the NICU for 2 weeks or more which would have cost Taylor and I a fortune and I would've went home without my baby girl. I don't want that to happen. The doctors had to slow down my contractions with this shot that basically gave me an anxiety attack, it is the worst shot you could ever get. Your heart races like crazy which makes it really difficult to breath and your body does nothing but shakes. I'm so grateful that I had my husband and mom there with me, I really don't think I'd be able to handle everything as well as I did if they weren't there supporting me through everything. After 4 hours in the hospital the doctors got the contractions under control and decided that I could finally go home. I couldn't even walk without somebody holding on to me because of the shot, I felt awful! Things are going really great! I'm 36 weeks now I still have to take it easy but things are a lot better now. I'm so grateful for the love and support that my family and Taylor's family has showed us. I really don't know what I would do without my family.

1 comment:

  1. wow crazy! wouldn't it be nice if you have 0 pain when you're in real labor and it's ok for her to come out? haha Glad baby and mom are still hanging in there and doing good!

    ReplyDelete